The REU application deadline is: Extended to February 9, 2014.
There are three items required to complete an REU application: - REU Student Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
1. REU Student Application Form ( 146 kb) (includes Statement of Purpose)
- Click on the application link above and open the MS Word application file. Upon opening the document, please click in the blank areas of each field and insert the appropriate application information. After you complete the first two pages of the general application, you will need to write the ‘Statement of Purpose’, which is on the third page.
Please save your application using the following format:
- REUappl(YOUR LASTNAME, YOUR FIRST INITIALS).doc
For example, if your name is Jane Elizabeth Smith, you should label your application:
After the application has been completed and saved, please send it as an attachment to:
reu.program @ ots.ac.cr
2. Two Letters of Recommendation
- Science Faculty Member ( 102 kb) – Two letters of recommendation are required from two science faculty members who knows you well, are from your major department, and with whom you have taken at least one class within the past two years. You must download this form and send it to each professor who is writing your recommendation. Instructions of how he/she is to submit the form are included within the document.
3. Official Transcript(s)
- Official transcripts from all universities attended must be sent to OTS for review. Please send them via US Regular Postal Mail to:
OTS REU – Undergraduate Program
P.O. Box 02-5635
Miami, FL 33102
- These forms will be automatically forwarded to the OTS Costa Rican Office (CRO) in San Jose, Costa Rica and should arrive within 5-7 days.
*** Should you have any questions about the program or how to apply, please contact Kattia Mendez, Undergraduate Program Assistant at the OTS Costa Rican Office, at: kattia.mendez @ ots.ac.cr.